The Cellarman is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing fermentation and conditioning tanks, as well as transferring beer from tank to tank, ensuring the beer is transferred in an aseptic manner. The Cellarman is also responsible for monitoring the fermentation of beer, the cooling of fermenting and conditioning beer, and carbonating beer to the correct level. The Cellarman cleans and sanitizes product lines and equipment. Cleaning duties will include floors, outsides of tanks, parts, floor drains, racks and containers. No job is too big or too small. And it is really cool to be working at a craft brewery!
- Help to carryout the day-to-day operations of the brewhouse, cellar and packaging areas.
- Cellar-work includes yeast management, tank and equipment cleaning (CIP) and sanitation, keg cleaning, filtration, racking, carbonation & fermenter additions.
- Packaging involves box building, lid coding, keg filling and working on the canning line.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Maintain yeast disposal/harvest, and grain area cleanup schedule.
- Operate brewery equipment to maintain acceptable inventory levels of raw materials, brewing supplies and finished beer.
- Troubleshooting equipment problems as they arise.
- Ensure consistency and a high-level of quality in the production of the company’s beers.
- Responsible for the cleanliness & sanitation of all equipment, tanks and work areas.
- Keep brewery clean and well-organized.
- Comply with all safety and health codes.
- Industrial setting, with frequent exposure to the following:
o Moving mechanical parts and equipment.
o Wet and/or humid conditions and vibration.
o Common brewing industry chemicals and gases.
o Fumes or airborne particles.
o Loud noises.
- Physical work setting
o Ability to work on your feet for hours at a time in an uncontrolled (hot/cold) climate.
o Ability to climb stairs, fit into tight spaces, and work on ladders and lifts.
o Ability to move freely. Including, but not limited to: walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing, etc.
o Ability to lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder height, move kegs, and operate forklift/hand truck.o
- Must be available approximately 1-2 days per week (mornings). Weekend or evening work, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- MUST be a “self-starter”: a high-energy driven individual who shows a high degree of initiative.
- MUST have good communication and project management skills.
- MUST be mechanically inclined - Ability to logically dissect a problem and work with others to solve the problem at hand.
- MUST demonstrate problem-solving skills and the ability to know when additional assistance is needed.
- Ability to work and communicate well with supervisors, staff, customers and outside parties.
- A positive attitude with the desire to learn, grow, and take on increased responsibility.
- Be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Being a Veteran is a plus.
How to Apply
All qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: