Brewery Sales Representative (part-time)
Representative works autonomously to ensure the successful sale, volume growth and distribution of the Veterans United beer portfolio in current market area accounts throughout the assigned territory. A high emphasis is placed on increasing the availability and visibility of products in new and existing on-premise/off-premise accounts through customer relations, quality control, proper merchandising and promotions. The successful candidate will be responsible for forming relationships with on-premise/off-premise accounts and increasing sales and distribution of our products. Passion for the craft beer industry and a strong commitment to personal integrity is a must.
Essential Job duties/responsibilities:
- Establish regular contact and build relationships with key decision makers at key accounts with a focus on “pull through” not “force in” sales technique.
- Conduct sales calls to on- and off-premise retailers with distributor level personnel, securing sales through new placements.
- Attend weekly sales meetings at Veterans United Craft Brewery.
- Establish an action plan prior to visiting market, utilizing sales reps, VIP information and appropriate collateral/sales materials.
- Explain in detail, the company’s history, community involvement, beer portfolio and short- and long-term vision.
- Provide distributor partners and key accounts with sales sheets, technical assistance and sales training and education.
- Assist all distributor partners in promoting sales of the products, beer launches, seasonal and brewery initiatives, helping build consumer acceptance of the products.
- Conduct promotions at bars and restaurants, samplings at retails stores and brewery visits for retailer.
- Conduct education and training on our products and brand with accounts and customers.
- Manage each event from beginning to end, in terms of support, manpower, etc. ensuring Veterans United the best possible image to the consumer.
- Perform ongoing quality control of beer outside of brewery. The ability to spot poor beer rotation, dated or damaged product, proper line cleaning protocols, and evaluation of overall draft system performance is crucial.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules with some evenings/weekend work.
Required Experience and Education:
- Two years of proven results oriented sales experience; industry experience preferred.
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent required; four-year college degree preferred.
- Former military service highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Passion for craft beers and general knowledge and understanding of different beer styles.
- Strong communication and selling skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including professionalism with a customer service focus.
- Good time management, planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Good computer and phone skills with the ability to complete administrative work as associated with the job.
- Availability to travel to all areas within our current distribution territories in Florida.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a good driving record and have a reliable registered, insured personal vehicle and ability to drive.
- Ability to lift and move cases of beer (approximately 25 lbs) as well as lift/move 50 pound kegs; ability to handle and use a dolly for higher weight kegs.
Only highly self-motivated, organized, competitive, dedicated independent individuals need apply. Qualified candidates must live within the Jacksonville area.
We are super excited if you are still reading about this job. This must mean you are interested and you have what it takes to join our team. To apply, please email a cover letter with an introduction of yourself, your passion/interest in the craft beer industry, and your favorite beer along with your resume to Ron and Topher at email@example.com. Failure to provide these items in your cover letter, will show us your lack of attentiveness to details. Excellence is in the details! We look forward to hearing from you soon. Cheers!
How to Apply
All qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
"Brewery Sales Representative (part-time)"